Can Undocumented Workers Seek Damages Following Construction Accidents?

It is a scenario that plays out often in New York City: An undocumented worker is injured while working construction, but he or she is too afraid to report the injury. Some are so scared of possible deportation that they won't even go the hospital to treat their injury — let alone speak to an attorney to see what legal options may be available.

Well, we are here to tell you that you don't have to be afraid to talk to our lawyers following a construction accident. Regardless of what your employer or supervisor may be telling you, the truth is that all injured construction workers have rights in New York no matter their citizenship — meaning even undocumented workers may be able to collect compensation for construction-related injuries.

Are You An Undocumented Worker? Were You Injured At Work?
Contact Edelman & Edelman, P.C., today to learn about your legal rights. You can reach us online or by phone at 212-235-1197.
Se habla Español | Mowimy po Polsku

Why Edelman & Edelman, P.C.?

We know you may be frightened, but there are many reasons why you should call us after a construction accident:

  • We have the experience you need: Not only does Martin Edelman have nearly four decades of legal experience — making him one of New York's preeminent construction accident attorneys — but the lawyers of Edelman & Edelman, P.C., have obtained favorable results for injured workers from all corners of the globe, including Mexico, Poland, Pakistan and Venezuela.
  • We will help coordinate with an immigration lawyer: We understand that the legal system can be intimidating, especially for undocumented workers, which is why we will do everything we can to ease your fears — even if that means we need to bring in an immigration lawyer. We can even coordinate with an immigration attorney to come into our office so you can speak with them firsthand.
  • We will continue to fight your case, no matter what: Even if you think you are not going to be in the United States much longer, you can still file an injury claim — and that claim can continue even after you leave the country, regardless of whether you leave voluntarily or are deported. In some cases, we recommend videotaping depositions of our immigrant clients just in case they are no longer in the U.S. when the trial actually takes place.

You don't have to live in fear any longer. Contact us today and let us help enforce your rights.