Can Undocumented Workers Seek Damages Following Construction Accidents?
It is a scenario that plays out often in New York City: An undocumented worker is injured while working construction, but he or she is too afraid to report the injury. Some are so scared of possible deportation that they won’t even go the hospital to treat their injury — let alone speak to an attorney to see what legal options may be available.
Well, we are here to tell you that you don’t have to be afraid to talk to our lawyers following a construction accident. Regardless of what your employer or supervisor may be telling you, the truth is that all injured construction workers have rights in New York no matter their citizenship — meaning even undocumented workers may be able to collect compensation for construction-related injuries.
Are You An Undocumented Worker? Were You Injured At Work?
Contact Edelman & Edelman, P.C., today to learn about your legal rights. You can reach us online or by phone at 212-235-1197.
Se habla Español | Mowimy po Polsku
Why Edelman & Edelman, P.C.?
We know you may be frightened, but there are many reasons why you should call us after a construction accident:
- We have the experience you need: Not only does Martin Edelman have nearly four decades of legal experience — making him one of New York’s preeminent construction accident attorneys — but the lawyers of Edelman & Edelman, P.C., have obtained favorable results for injured workers from all corners of the globe, including Mexico, Poland, Pakistan and Venezuela.
- We will help coordinate with an immigration lawyer: We understand that the legal system can be intimidating, especially for undocumented workers, which is why we will do everything we can to ease your fears — even if that means we need to bring in an immigration lawyer. We can even coordinate with an immigration attorney to come into our office so you can speak with them firsthand.
- We will continue to fight your case, no matter what: Even if you think you are not going to be in the United States much longer, you can still file an injury claim — and that claim can continue even after you leave the country, regardless of whether you leave voluntarily or are deported. In some cases, we recommend videotaping depositions of our immigrant clients just in case they are no longer in the U.S. when the trial actually takes place.
You don’t have to live in fear any longer. Contact us today and let us help enforce your rights.
- Construction Accidents
- Ladder And Scaffolding Injuries
- Falls From Heights
- 3 Things Workers Should Know About New York’s Scaffolding Law
- Crane Accidents
- Aerial Lift Accidents
- Failure To Provide Vertical Passage
- Falling Objects
- Holes And Trenches
- New York Labor Code 241: The Basics
- Power Tools And Electrical Injuries
- Top 4 Causes Of Construction Accidents
- New York Workers’ Compensation Claims
- What Does Workers’ Comp Cover In New York?
- Personal Injury Claim Vs. Workers’ Comp
- Can You Sue Your Employer For Work-Related Injuries?
- 3 Reasons To Talk To A Personal Injury Lawyer Before A Workers’ Comp Attorney
- Construction Accidents Suffered By Undocumented Workers
- Union Worker Construction Accidents
Top 5 Posts
Feb 7, 2020
According to the NYPD, there were 29 fatal bicycling accidents in New York City in 2019. That’s 19 more than the 10 that were reported in 2018. Now, we’ve seen what is thought to be the first bicycling fatality in 2020, and it happened on the last day of January. 2019...
Feb 6, 2020
There is a major legal battle in the courts currently against pharmaceutical companies that many believe are responsible for the current opioid crisis in the country. The sales tactics and information for Big Pharma in the early 1990s helped to increase the number of...
Feb 3, 2020
When an employee is negligent and hurts someone, there are times when the employer is responsible for their actions. For example, the legal concept of “respondeat superior” says that companies can be held responsible for the actions of their employees. Moreover, some...
Jan 24, 2020
A 67-year-old woman was killed recently when a private sanitation truck struck her. She had been crossing 86th Street near Bay Parkway in Bensonhurst at approximately 4 a.m. The truck did not stop. According to the New York Post, it’s not clear whether the truck...
Jan 17, 2020
State lawmakers have passed 10 new reform proposals meant to keep travelers safer when they ride in stretch limousines. The new regulations are supported by leaders of the Assembly and Senate and by Governor Cuomo. The push for reforms came after an October 2018 crash...
3 Reasons To Hire Us
We Go All In:With every case we accept, we put all of the firm’s resources behind our pursuit of a positive outcome. We are not afraid to spend whatever amount is necessary to present a winning case on your behalf.
3 Reasons To Hire Us
We Hire The Best Experts:We do our homework and find the experts who are doing the most cutting-edge research on your type of injury. We regularly work with medical experts, scientists, people from academia and others.
3 Reasons To Hire Us
We Know Our Opposition: In our nearly 60 years in business, we have seen all the tactics opposing attorneys uses. We use proven strategies to match them and act swiftly to overcome any attempt to limit your compensation.
CNN Legal Analyst