What Are The Symptoms Of A Brain Injury?
Brain injuries have different degrees of severity. If you or a loved one were recently hit on the head or suffered a serious blow to the body, you should get medical help immediately. Although you may not present any symptoms right after your accident, early medical evaluation can make a difference to mitigate future and long-term consequences.
How Are Symptoms Classified?
In general, symptoms are classified into three groups: physical, sensory and behavioral/cognitive. The manifestation of such will largely depend on the extent and severity of the damage.
Physical symptoms include the following:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slurred speech
- Dizziness and blurred vision
- Dilated pupil(s); one pupil might be larger than the other
If persistent and increases in intensity over time, these symptoms could manifest a severe brain injury.
Some sensory symptoms are:
- Confusion or not being able to remember how the accident occurred
- Loss of consciousness which, although dangerous, is not indicative of severe brain injury
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping more than usual
- Concentration problems
- Blurred vision
- Blurred vision
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Altered senses such as a bad taste in the mouth
- Experiencing sadness, irritability or unusual mood swings
- Anxiety disorders
Another common symptom that might delay obtaining medical treatment is that the individual fails to realize or associate the warning signs with brain damage or injury. If you or a loved one experienced a brain injury due to a third party’s negligence, get knowledgeable and caring legal assistance so you do not have to handle the legal aspects of the case. Concentrate only on your welfare and health.
Call The Lawyers At Edelman & Edelman, P.C., To Discuss Your Needs
Our New York attorneys have fought for the needs of our clients and their compensation. Our knowledge in medical matters and the law uniquely position us to provide effective and results-oriented legal representation to our personal injury clients. Call 212-235-1197 or reach us via our online form to schedule a free appointment.