New York Uber Accident Lawyers
A Personal Injury Firm Well-Prepared For Your Uber Accident Claim
Uber has only been around since 2009, but its name has become synonymous with ride-sharing. We use Uber rides on vacation, or we count on them as a sober option to bring us safely home. A lot of people even use ride-sharing as their primary means of transportation. With so many Uber vehicles on the road, accidents happen.
Edelman & Edelman, P.C., has provided personal injury counsel in New York for decades. Our team knows the complexities behind these cases. No one accident is precisely like another. Identifying the liable party in any personal injury case can often be a grueling process. Our lawyers can help you recover compensation thoroughly and efficiently.
Uber And NY Ride-Share Coverage
New York requires insurance coverage for rideshare companies. Uber maintains policy limits for the following situations:
- All vehicle occupants are covered for up to $50,000 in accident-related injury losses during the Uber service
- From the moment the driver accepts the request and through the entire ride, Uber has coverage of $1.25 million for total accident losses. This also includes coverage for cases when an uninsured or underinsured driver is at fault.
- As the driver waits for a rider with their Uber app active, their coverage for bodily injuries in an accident is up to $75,000.
Uber’s coverage may not be enough for your losses. Fighting a case against Uber can be daunting, but we know the law in and out and can defend you from the onset.
Know What To Do After An Uber Accident In NYC
Once you have sought medical treatment for your injuries, you will need to file a claim with the right insurance company as soon as possible. Obtaining compensation after a ride-share accident can be anything but straightforward, and we may have to argue our case before any money exchanges hands. There are a few things you can do that will strengthen your claim, including:
- Filing a police report
- Seeking medical care as needed
- Following your doctor’s instructions
- Keeping details about the accident private
- Retaining documentation such as medical records, reports, and witness information
- Contacting an Edelman & Edelman, P.C. attorney
- Attending all required appointments and meetings
After contacting our firm, we will inform you of the next steps and additional steps you can take to strengthen your claim.
Learn More About How Our Attorneys Can Help
Severe injuries have the power to alter our lives forever. We have the resources and knowledge necessary to evaluate your claim and help you obtain compensation. Reach out to our office for a free consultation. Call us at 212-235-1197 or connect with us via email.